The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Goodnight's Sleep

Both of my boys started sleeping through the night at a very young age.  I am very lucky for this, and I know it.  I am definitely one of those people who need some sleep, and I definitely would rather be kept up late at night than wake up early.  Well, lately both of my boys have been trying to test my sleeping patience.  Ashton goes to bed early and sleeps well, but come 5 to 6, he is ready to wake up.  Now to me this is getting up in the middle of the night, but he is wide awake and ready to go.  Nick's alarm goes off at 430, so I tend to blame him for being noisy, but I do not think that is the real cause of his early morning wake-up.  I think he is his father's child, and not mine.  Well last NIGHT, he woke up at 430 and I was not a fan.  I decided he was going to cry through it, and go back to sleep.  He talked/ banged on the bed/ listened to his music for a good hour before he gave it up!  I was so excited to get back in bed and sleep for a little bit longer when I found this:  The other new problem that has arose in our house.  Caden crawls in bed with us in the middle of the NIGHT, again more so early morning, and falls back asleep.  At least he goes right back to sleep, but I am getting tired of not getting a good night's rest.  He usually is able to crawl in bed without me noticing, it is once he is there that he starts kicking and wakes me up.  He is a huge snuggler and sleeps in the weirdest ways. Well I thought this one was too funny that I had to take a picture of it.  I am sad that I could not center it, but it was pitch black, so I had to guess where to take the picture.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment