The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Friday, September 16, 2011

Pick on Someone Your Own Size!

Caden has had a few good weeks in school now.  He doesn't cry every time I drop him off, so that is a successful day in my book.  He has how ever lately been complaining about the kids in his class.  He refers to them as the bad men.  "The bad men pushed me, the bad men hit my knees, the bad men knocked me down, the bad men covered up my mouth."  Now I have worked with kids for many years and know both sides of the story.  I felt bad for my little guy but also knew he could be very imaginative and likes to imitate movies into his real life.  I knew I liked his teacher and she probably would be stopping anything if something were happening.  But once he started talking about covering his mouth up and this going on for a few days, I knew I had to say something.  Well I told her everything he said, very nervously, like I was going to get into trouble.  And how I knew it was probably nothing, but I just wanted to let her know, to see if she saw anything.  Well she said she had never seen anything, and that Caden has a listening problem.  She tried to turn my problem into lets get Caden in trouble.  She said a few of the kids like to do the opposite of what she says and laugh.  Well my son has never been in a learning environment, and oh wait he is THREE!  It didn't surprise me in the least, but I also knew that he would copy other kids before he would be the leader.  But I got her back on track and just said to watch out for me please.  Well that afternoon, she was very apologetic.  She got Caden to talking and he showed who the bad men were and saw them in the act.  She spent the whole day going over rules and claims the issue is resolved.  I feel so bad for my little guy but hope it is all okay now.  He is by far the tiniest guy in his class, so I hope he is not always the target for bullies!  I can now see why some parents take matters into their own hands, not that I would be Nick is another story! :) He was so mad and we have a birthday party to go to soon with his class, so I am sure we will easily be able to determine the bully...  I may have to hold back my husband from the meanie's parents!  Oh my goodness!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment