The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Halloween Homemade

I am very much one of those parents that love to see her kids in matching outfits or at least similar outfits.  It has been hard up to this point because most places don't make the same thing in newborn and toddler.  But now that Ashton is getting older, I am starting to find some things.  Well, I knew I wanted my boys' Halloween costumes to be cohesive.  I know I don't have many years where I have complete say in the costume department, so I am taking full advantage until I loose my title.  Caden doesn't watch superhero shows and only really watches Disney/ Pixar type of movies.  He has no idea what is out there, because right now we are sheltering him from violence that he doesn't need to be familiar with yet at such an early age.  We don't do guns and swords, so most superhero shows are a no go.  I know eventually we will be there, but I am trying to keep my little boy innocent for as long as I can.  So basically I have full range in the actual hero department, since he does know that stuff.  Nick is a fireman in the navy.  So I thought it would just be adorable to have Caden be a fireman and Ashton be a dalmatian puppy!  I know, too cute! :)  Well I found a good quality fireman costumes online with all of the extras.  I don't like that cheapy plastic look in costumes, I like to go all out.  But the dalmatian puppy has proven to be a bit more troublesome.  I haven't found anything I like.  So I had a vision that it couldn't be that hard to make it on my own.  Now when I say my own, I really mean make my mom do it!  She just finished it, and it looks awesome!!!  I will post pictures closer to Halloween, but I am so proud of what she did.  I wanted pants and then a bubble type long shirt that is stuffed to make him look nice and poofy when he sits down.  That was a whole lot of description, that I don't know if I conveyed the right way, but man it looks cute!!  I am so glad that I thought of this combo.  I really hope for many years of costume pairs with the boys, but I know that is pushing my luck.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment