The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!


I always make sure to go all out on my boy's birthdays, you know the many that they have had! :)  Not necessarily with the best presents or parties, but I want them to have the best time they can have.  I do not carry this same goal out with any celebration for me and Nick, however.  But none the less, today is Nick's birthday.  Like I always do, he got dinner and dessert choice.  I in fact picked these out, because I knew what he would want.  To go Chinese, something we never have but on his birthday.  I just don't like the options here, and I still did not like his dinner tonight.  I then made him Turtle Brownies, with Caden's help.  I got cards for Caden to decorate and then little mouth noise blower things, which my mind cannot think of the appropriate name for those.  Anyways, I made more of a big deal for Caden because he is really into birthdays.  So I let him help as much as he wanted and let him make the choices.  He had a great time and loves when we sing his favorite song, the Happy Birthday song!  We never really have extra money for gifts for ourselves, so at the last minute I decided Nick needed at least something small.  I went to an Antique shop an bought him about 30 Astros Baseball cards.  I couldn't believe I found that many, I thought it must be a sign.  He wasn't that impressed, in fact he looked pretty disappointed.  It really made me want to cry, which I did.  He never gets me anything and I thought I found a very thoughtful gift, something he is always talking about, and he wasn't happy.  I know he would have much rather had a new laptop or PSP or something, but I did not have the funds.  I still tried to make the day special for him, I just hope he remembers that in a month for mine.  I cannot believe we are 27.... time is going by way too fast!!!! Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment