The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Monday, September 12, 2011

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life!





Caden, now three and a half, started school a few weeks ago.  I was looking for a Church Preschool; something that taught him his basics, how to share with friends, and most importantly how to be away from mommy!  Well, if I haven't complained about this enough, let me just say Pensacola is COUNTRY!!  The few options the area had were long filled up in advance and my one week prior decision was not enough notice.  I had all but given up with Caden being on several church waiting lists.  I assumed that Nick and I's limited one income budget could not spare the luxury of mommy free time, since my job is to stay home with the boys.  I had even done preschool home school research and started a curriculum and schedule for Caden over the summer.  I had accepted the fact that he would be the one in kindergarten screaming bloody murder when I left.  But then a few days before school was to start my number two option (The first being the word of mouth best in the area) decided to open up an additional three year old classroom since they had so many kids.  I was so excited and Caden was even more excited.  We went shopping for all the normal school supplies and really hyped up how fun he would have.  We started eating lunches out of our lunch box just so he would be completely comfortable.  Then the time came. The first day of school.  Nick was able to go with us, so the first day routine went very smoothly.  We got dressed in our new outfit, had lunch made, and we were off.  Caden was so excited and looked so cute walking down the halls with his back pack as big as him.  When he went into the classroom he immidiately went in and started playing.  He was just fine!!  Mommy wanted to cry and longed for a hug, but I didn't want to bring up I was leaving, so I just turned around and clung to Ashton.  When we picked him up, we got Fro Yo, our favorite.  Caden loved school and I loved he was happy.  The next few days would prove to be a different story, but that is for a different blog!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment