The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Thursday, September 22, 2011

1, 2, 3, Will it be the Death of Me?

My precious little bundle of joy is turning into a big pile of poo!  (Caden, if you ever read this one day, know that I love you, and I am only kidding..... sort of!)  The three's are very trying and Caden is totally testing everything.  Ever since he started back in school, he is just a handful!  I think he is very tired when he gets home, but still has energy so he doesn't want to take a nap.  So this results in a lot of fits by both Caden and Mommy.  He never really ever talked back to us prior to school, nor did he know the word no in the negative manner, and he never knew what screaming for the pure annoyance of it meant.  Now if he doesn't want something, we know about it.  Before if he didn't want to eat something, take a bath, or get ready, all I had to say was "mommy is very sad" and he would do anything.  Now his response is "I am mad!"  I never had to punish this kid before, and now I have been trying to use time out or take a break and think about things.  When he sits there for like a minute before I feel guilty, I then say do you want to say sorry and you love mommy.  His usual response is now no.  It breaks my heart that my perfect angel now is not the happy child he once was.  I am going to believe that this is a phase and it is not that something is truly wrong with him.  I know he is becoming more independent and is just seeing how far he can take it.  But I am not ready for him to grow up.  I am not ready for any of this.  I miss my baby but am excited for the little boy that is to come after these threes! Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment