The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Saturday, September 10, 2011

Signature Sign-Off

I decided I needed my own unique way to say goodbye at the end of each of my blogs.  After looking at classic sign-offs from news reporters, I thought my quest was stupid.  After sharing my disappointment with Nick, I was enlightened.  I described Carol Burnett's classic sign-off of her variety show (tugging of her ear for her grandmother).  I thought that her sign off was unique enough to get people talking, but definitely not feasible for the virtual world.  After Nick looked at me crazy for watching such an old show he started to think.  He said at the end of each of his commander's briefs he would say "Post and Carry On."  Basically saying leave and go back to your job.  I decided since my new focus was part military life inspired this was very appropriate.  I also liked the pun of "post" a blog.  So I had the start of my sign-off and added to the carry on.  I hope you like the symbolism and thought I put into it.  And please note now and any military discussion I use in the future:  This is my dumb down version for everyone, including myself to understand, plus what all I actually would listen and understand of everything Nick says (There are about 53025999 acronyms in the military)....  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment