The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Sunday, September 25, 2011

Princess Party

Today was Caden's Princess' Birthday Party.  He has been so excited about this and I couldn't really wait either.  The party was by a park that was close by, after nap time.  Well of course Caden didn't take a nap on the day I wanted him to take one the most, so it was already starting off to be an interesting day.  I made the decision that only Caden and I would go to the party.  As much as I wanted to the support of Nick, because I really don't like doing things by myself, I knew I needed to put on my big girl panties.  I was not sure the appropriate protocol for who all goes to little kid birthday parties when you don't know the parents.  I decided that the first party of the season, I would feel it out.  I now wish he would have gone because most people had their husbands and everyone had their babies.  I love an opportunity to show off Ashton and Caden, and I definitely missed it here.  Caden was his normal charming self.  Overall he did really well playing with the kids.  I definitely was able to see his short stature amongst the other children.  I am not ready to talk about it yet, but we have concerns.  His princess loved her tiara and tea set and Caden was so excited for her to open the present.  Like true Caden fashion, he did not try the cake and was hesitant about the pinata until he saw the candy.  I met some of the moms, so that made me very happy.  I am glad we went and glad we had a good time.  I also was able to witness the "mean guy" in action, and I feel sorry not only for Caden but for his teacher.  Caden was knocked down several times and cried.  I wish he would dust it off, but he is very sensitive.  The child's mom is seriously the nicest girl and we have so much in common.  I hope with the time, the boys can get along more so we can start hanging out more.  The only bad part of the party was really the end.  Caden went totally out of his normal character and into his terrible three's character and decided to play keep away from mommy for a good 20 minutes so we couldn't leave.  It was so embarrassing!!!  He was so not himself, totally showing off, I was about ready to kill him.  But finally he decided that his life was more important than the park, and we left without kicking and screaming.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment