The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Monday, September 26, 2011

RV Life

Nick's uncle and aunt, David and Janice, travel the US in their RV.  I love to travel and explore new areas... It is the living permanently part that I am not a fan of.  Well they have made RV Life, their full time way of life.  They are on their long journey back to Texas for the winter, and they made a short stop at Fort Pickens in Pensacola Beach.  We went to visit them, since it has been two and half years since we last saw them.  I was completely amazed at how nice and not at all what I expected their RV to look like.  I can't even explain how great of a set up they have, but whatever you have in your head, it is probably the wrong idea.  It really made me want an RV and explore different areas... I don't think I could give everything else up permanently like they did, but it was truly inspiring.  I know that we could never do this though, because I would be driving all of the time.  Nick falls asleep as soon as a car trip happens... and I am talking riding or driving in the car!!!  SCARY!!!  So I will just have to live vicariously through their blog http://readytogofulltimerving.com/  We had a really great time, we love when family comes to visit us HINT HINT!!!!!  Janice, Caden and I walked to the beach and had fun with our toes in the water (and Caden pretty much completely covered) but I am too scared of jellyfish to go in right now.   Nick learned a lot of new job opportunities from David of different fire fighting opportunities post Navy.  Another day, another blog, but let's just say we are scared right now that we will not have the option to stay in the Navy until retirement.  After a good visit, I went and picked up Ashton's 6 month pictures, which are adorable, and I will post after I mail them to people.  It was a great family fun filled day!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.        

No comments:

Post a Comment