The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Thursday, November 12, 2009

Stubborn is the Name of His Game

So its way past my bedtime, but I got lost on the internet. Being able to play online without interruptions is such relaxing experience, but then when you see how late it is, all I can think is why did I take away from my precious sleep?? I have always said that Caden is the most stubborn child, everyone normally laughs it off saying he is so good, stop complaining. Personally when I am the only one here with him, I believe no one has the right to tell me what I think and feel. If I lived right next door to you, or you saw him everyday, then I would be more apt to listening, but a once a year visit doesn't cut it in my books. Anyways, one of my many rants. Caden has to have everything in order, if I move something he notices, if his toys aren't just so he freaks. He is the most stubborn about food, but that is another post. This is potty training. One of the worst moments for me was when Nick was not able to be there for the birth of Caden. I cried during my entire labor, not having him there, and knowing he would never be able to see our son like that for the first time. So its no secret that I want our next child to be born with Nick right there beside me. Well for that to be a guarantee, that would mean having a baby in Florida, Nick won't be deployed here. Well I refuse to have two babies in diapers, so I have been trying to potty train. I haven't been at it everyday just simply because it is exhausting and drains the life out of me, I get so frustrated at his stubborn-ness. We first were doing the big boy underwear, taking him every 15 minutes, 2 days in a row. Not one time did the child pee in the potty, only his pants, which meant my floor. When he peed on my couch, I decided I would have a 10 year old in diapers. I tried other things with this, but it was hard. After some encouragement from a friend, I tried again yesterday. This time I left him on the potty longer. I knew me and Nick were stronger, was I ever wrong. Caden sang, danced, ate, laughed, was tickled, cried, screamed, read books, had cold water on him, had warm water on him, listened to water running, had the biggest glass of Kool-aid ever, had a sucker, and oh so much more. All in all he was on the potty for one hour and five minutes without peeing. I knew he had to go with all the drinks, so I decided to give him a bath, bc he usually has no problem peeing in there, I thought I could transfer mid-pee. Well he didn't even pee in there! So I gave up, put him in a diaper and two minutes later he had the biggest diaper I had ever seen! Me and Nick both gave up and decided he is just to determined. He is so very ready, he points to his diaper when he goes, he says when he goes, and knows where he should go potty, he just refuses. I believe after the first time going in the potty it will get easier because then he will understand better what I want from him, plus he will love all the great goodies I have planned. But nothing yet. I am trying to leave his soggy diaper on longer, bc he has never had to sit in pee, as soon as he goes, I change him. So I am hoping that seeing how uncomfortable it can get that he will start to change him mind, but I am not so sure. And let me tell you a child that never eats suckers nor drinks Kool-aid really can bounce off the walls, and boy did he ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment