The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Friday, November 13, 2009

A Day to Save

Today Nick was able to have a very short day at work so this meant errand day! It being payday meant lots of things to do. First on our list was cashing my lovely birthday checks to put in our Christmas fund, stinks when you grow up! We then got gas, paid the water bill (being the country you have to drive all the way there and pay it in person), get a few things at Target, and then off to the NEX. I decided to start clipping coupons to try and save money, one of my coupons was a scratch off for the NEX to get a certain % off. Well we got diapers and wipes, both on sale with coupons and we scratched off 5%. For the big box of diapers and wipes we paid $18, this would have been closer to $30, so I was very happy. We were able to use 3 scratch-offs so we went back through two times with all of our toiletries, but ended up getting 5% both times. I was hoping for the 50%, but I will take any discount. I have decided a way to boost the economy is for all stores to do this, not knowing what our % could be made us want to buy something just to see what we had, you don't want to be the person that throws away the 50%!! Anyways after the NEX, we went to the commissary and with all of our coupons I got $11 off our bill, I was pretty impressed. I ended up using coupons the commissary had because they worked with what I wanted better. That is the thing about coupons, I hate having to sacrifice what I want because of what the coupon makes you get. After coming home and a lunch we were back at it. We went to a Church Garage Sale, which further showed how country of a place I was in with everything being from 1972 and then we browsed an Antique Shop. It was a really great day and Caden did a great job. Just the end of grocery shopping did he start behaving badly but it was lunch and nap time, so I didn't get too upset. Tomorrow I have more shopping planned, more just to browse to kill time and look at stuff maybe someday we can afford again with all of my savings. Its so much easier to shop with Nick because it's two against one and we sometimes can win at that, hoepfully tomorrow is just the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment