The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Monday, November 9, 2009

Ida Know

So I made this deal with Florida when I moved, no hurricanes while I am here, pretty simple. Well I thought I got through my first year with Florida keeping the deal, almost. It isn't a bad hurricane, in fact it is a tropical storm, but none the less it is headed straight for us. I think everything will be okay, I am not too worried. But I am scared that not being too worried will in fact jinx myself. We aren't all that prepared for a long power outage or lack of water, so I hope everything is okay tomorrow. I asked myself this question earlier, a hurricane on your birthday: is it good luck for the year like when it rains on your wedding day or is it a sign of a bad year to come? I am hoping for the first, but then again who hopes for a bad year? Well I guess I will spend my last few moments as a young 24 year old curled up on the couch with my hubby watching storm warnings and waiting to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment