The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Remember when it was cool to stay up late?

I can remember being in middle school and having slumber parties and trying to stay up all night. It was a contest to see who all could stay up without sleeping at all. Why were we so stupid? Who was the first person to think, it is cool to not have sleep? If only I could go back and use up all that sleep time when I had the opportunity. Apparently my son already thinks it is cool to pull an all nighter. In college I had several of these but then would come home and die after my tests, but now there is no time to "die." The weather here has been going back and forth with hot and cold drastically, and my whole family is paying the price with our allergies. Right at about bedtime it hit us all like a ton of bricks; runny nose, sneezing, the works. Caden could not breath laying down so he did what any logical toddler would do, stayed up all night. I am not talking just a late night, I mean ALL night. He finally went to sleep for the first time at 10 this morning and slept an hour and half. That's it, he has been running strong all day while me and Nick can barely walk without falling over. Luckily Nick had off so we were able to switch out. I went till 4 am since he was on call and did need some sleep, but then I let sleep deprivation get to me. I was mad and and angry and let Caden wake up Nick. He was hyped up on Tylenol and running around in circles all night, he would not sit still. I couldn't handle it anymore, I just wanted us to have quiet time, and that wasn't happening in his mind. Nick took over till 7 when Caden couldn't stand being away from me any longer. And that's all the sleep we had all day. Surprisingly I am doing well right now, I think I have already grown accustom to no sleep, but don't get wrong as soon as I publish this, my butt is in bed! Here is hoping to a long, peaceful nights rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment