The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's my Birthday, I Can Cry if I Want To!

Well, there actually was no real crying going on, it was a pretty good birthday! The morning started with Ida who was MIA, that was the biggest joke of a storm. I got scared that our water would be contaminated (kinda like on Signs) so we started stockpiling water. We filled up a bathtub, all of our big pots and pitchers, and had lots of bottle water. More so we could be able to brush teeth and go to the bathroom, I know I am weird. We woke up to no rain even, there has been worse thunderstorms here. So after putting up candles and water, Nick made me cinnamon toast in bed. Nick sang Caden's favorite song (Happy Birthday) while Caden clapped and danced and appropriately put in "mama" in the right place. Nick was supposed to have the day off from the storm, but ended up having to go in from 10 till about 3. I then got a little upset because I was looking forward to a family day and maybe going out for a birthday lunch. But I did what any girl would do, I invited over my two best Florida friends and had our own party. Between us we have FIVE boys so they all played good and we did what we do best, talk! It turned out to be an awesome day with them bringing cake and ice cream, the boys' favorite part too. Nick came home sometime in there and quickly hid in the bedroom playing ps3, hiding from all the "girly talk." Danielle and her boys and us then went to Fridays, a random fav of mine, and proceeded to have as awesome dinner as you can have with Caden. Danielle had to tell them it was my birthday, but paybacks are a b*! After dinner Caden went to bed perfectly, which is always a treat. Before I was in TX for two weeks, Caden went to bed perfect and slept 12 hours. Ever since we have been home, he has to fall asleep in our lap and sleeps for 8 hours. But we are working on our old routine. Tomorrow being veteran's day, we get to have another family day and look forward to what is in store for us. I had a great day and can't believe I am 25, that is just pure craziness how fast it is going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment