The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Sunday, November 8, 2009

Quarter of a Century

If I close my eyes, I still feel like I am in highschool, a careless teenager. I quickly am shot back into reality when my son is screaming "mama" at the top of his lungs, wanting food and trying to kill the cat all at the same time. Even after almost two years of having a child it is still hard to believe I am a mom, not because I hate the job, but because I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. People always say enjoy the time it goes by fast, but its hard to listen when you are a new mom, sleep deprived, husband is out to sea, and all you want is your family back together. But now we are all together and I need to stop and take it all in. I am hoping if I have to sit down everyday and talk about my day, it not only informs my out of state family but helps me treasure the little moments. So the thing I wanted for my 25th birthday was something to help me remember these precious moments 25 years from now. So before I get ahead of myself I wanted to have my first post be an introduction of us all.

This cute little guy is Caden Lee, my mini me. He looks exactly like I did as a baby, poor kid! He knows exactly what he likes, when he likes it. Whether it be food, toys, or things to do; he has his mind made up on everything! He knows when I changed something in the house, if I put up a new picture, he has to show it to me all day. If his toys are out of place, he puts them the right way. He is very OCD, like me, and loves to figure out how things work. He constantly has me laughing or has me mad because of how stubborn he is. I love him with all of my heart and don't remember life before him.



This awesome guy, is Nicholas Lee, the best husband ever! He understands me more than I understand myself, and knows how to deal with me. I have a tendancy to freak out and stress a little too much, and he grounds me and tries to put into perspective, when I am willing to listen. We have the same sense of humor and constantly joking with eachother. I know he will always be there for me and I will be for him. I can't say enough good things about him, I just love him and thankful to have him there for me.

This of course is me, Lindsey. Is it sad I could find no pictures of either of us that didn't have Caden in them? Oh well, Caden makes the pictures better! I can't think of what to say about me if you don't know me, just hopefully you will get to know me a lot better through this. And I am a horrible speller, so ignore my stupidity! Have fun learning about the Evans!

No comments:

Post a Comment